Dr Partha Roop, Professor, Department of Electrical and Computer and the Associate Dean (International) for the Faculty of Engineering, and Mr. Ryan Gamon, International Manager, Faculty of Engineering, International Office, University of Auckland, New Zealand visited the University of Moratuwa (UoM) on 12th December 2019. The University of Moratuwa has ongoing relations with the University of Auckland and this visit was a follow-up for further collaborations.
Prof. P.K.S. Mahanama, Deputy Vice Chancellor, Prof. Mrs. Dileeka Dias, Dean, Faculty of Graduate Studies, Prof. Gihan Dias, Director, International Relations, Dr. (Ms.) Dr. Surangika Ranathunga, Senior Lecturer, Department of Computer Science & Engineering, Dr. H.R. Pasindu, Senior Lecturer, Department of Civil Engineering, Ms. Y.S. Karunarathne, Assistant Registrar, External Affairs, Publicity and International Student Promotion Division had a very productive discussion with the delegates.
At the discussion the representatives of the two universities decided to identify interested academics from each university to initiate the following collaborations.
• Joint supervision of PhD students (Starting with the Civil Engineering Department)
• Group Zoom teleconference in March 2020
• Provide Research Internships for UoM students at UoA
• Sign a Letter of Understanding (LoU) between Engineering Faculties of the Two Universities that will promote exchange of materials, publications and information, co-operation between professors and research staff, Student mobility and Joint research
• Map and match research areas to create research workshop in 2020.