University of Moratuwa
Katubedda, Moratuwa 10400
Head of Department of Computer Science and Engineering, July 1999 – July 2002
Head of Department of Electrical Engineering, January 2015 - 2017
Dean, Faculty of Engineering, 2017 Dec
Key Research Areas
Controls and Automation
Lighting&Energy Efficient Utilization of Electrici
PhD, University of British Columbia, Canada
MSc, University of London, UK
BSc Eng, University of Moratuwa
Charted Engineer and a member of Institution of Engineers, Sri Lanka.
Senior Lecturer, University of Moratuwa, 1996 – to date
Honorary Senior Fellow, University of Melbourne, Department of Mechanical & Manufacturing Engineering, 2004 Mar to 2005 Dec.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow, University of British Columbia, Vacouver, Canada, 1995-1996
Lecturer, University of Moratuwa, 1984-1987 and 1988-1990
Member, Information Technology Steering Committee of Ministry of Education, Sri Lanka
Senior consultant for the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering in B. Tech degree course, Open University, Sri Lanka
Member, Inter Ministerial Committee on IT, Ministry of constitutional affairs and Industrial Development. 2000-02
Consultant, Arthur C. Clark Center for Modern Technology, Sri Lanka, 2000-01
Member: Technical Evaluation Committee for the supply of computers, University of Moratuwa.
Examiner/Moderator, Institute of Engineers, Sri Lanka for Part II examination. 2000-03
Member of working group on IT: JICA master plan study in Industrial Sector Development in Sri Lanka, Ministry of Industrial Development, 2000
Ministry appointed member of Technical/Financial Evaluation Committee: Ceylon Electricity Board, Ministry of Irrigation, Power and Energy, 1997
Consultant: Diploma in Technology course, Open University of Sri Lanka, 1987
- Design and construction of an automated test bench for MCB testing, N. K. Wickramarachchi ; W. G. M. Amaradasa ; H. K. J. Amarasinghe ; H. K. T. R. Karunarathna ; W. M. Wijekoon, MERCON 2016, Page(s):260-265
- Appliance-level demand identification through signature analysis W. A. K. Dhananjaya ; R. M. M. R. Rathnayake ; S. C. J. Samarathunga ; C. L. Senanayake ; N. Wickramarachchi, MERCON 2015, Page(s):70-75
- Intelligent Water Management System with Remote Access and Monitoring, Chalitha Kanchana, Thilina Jayaweera, Sarinda Jayasinghe, Dhamsara Jayawardana and Nalin Wickramarachchi, 1st International Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Modelling and Simulation, AIMS2013, Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia, December 2013.
- Trends and Developments in Lighting Industry in Sri Lanka, Nalin Wickramarachchi, International Conference on Transition to Efficient Lighting, The Institution of Engineering and Technology, Sri Lanka Network, Colombo, July 2013.
- A Basis for a Natural Electricity Tariff – A Case Study of the Domestic sector, Rohan Lucas and Nalin Wickramarachchi, SLEMA Journal, Vol 15, Nos. 1 and 2, September 2012.
- Equal Right to Sri Lanka’s Natural Energy Resources, Rohan Lucas and Nalin Wickramarachchi, National Energy Symposium, 2012, Sri Lanka Sustainable Energy Authority, BMICH, August 2011.
- LED for Sri Lanka, A presentation at National Energy Symposium, 2010, Sri Lanka Sustainable Energy Authority, BMICH, Aug. 2010
- Vision Based Cross Sectional Area Estimator for Industrial Rubber Profile Extrusion Process Controlling, Chaminda Karunasena and Nalin Wickramarachchi, 5th International Conference on Information and Automation for Sustainability (ICIAfS), December 2010, Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- Design and Implementation of High-Power- Factor Dimmable Fluorescent Lamp Ballast Circuit, K.M.U.S. Ratnayake, W.D.S. Priyankara, W.A.D. Premachandra, R.P.R.H. Rajapakshe, N.Wickramarachchi, Engineering Research Unit 16th Annual Symposium, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka, November 2nd, 2010.
- An image recognition system for crop disease identification of paddy fields in Sri Lanka, Anthonys, G. ; Wickramarachchi, Nalin , 2009 International Conference on Industrial and Information Systems (ICIIS), Digital Object Identifier: 10.1109/ICIINFS.2009.5429828 , Publication Year: 2009 , Page(s): 403 - 407.
- Structure Adaptation of Hierarchical Knowledge-Based Classifiers, W. Rattasiri, S. K. Halgamuge, N. Wickramarachchi, Neural Computing and Applications, Springer London, July 2008.
- Sensitivity-Based Hierarchical Controller Architectures for Active Suspension, W. Rattasiri, N. Wickramarachchi, S. K. Halgamuge, IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, Volume 16, Issue 1, Jan. 2008 Page(s):103 - 112.
- An Optimized Anti-lock Braking System in the Presence of Multiple Road Surface Types, W. Rattasiri, N. Wickramarachchi, S. K. Halgamuge, International Journal of Adaptive Control and Signal Processing Volume 21, Issue 6, Pages 477-498 AUG 2007, Wiley.
- Hierarchical and Interpretable Connectionist Structure Generation from Data, W. Rattasiri, S. K. Halgamuge and N. Wickramarachchi, International Journal of Computational Intelligence Research, Vol 3, Number 1, 2007.
- Biological Sequence Data Preprocessing for Classification: A Case Study in Splice Site Identification, A.K.M.A. Baten, S.K. Halgamuge, B. Chang and N. Wickramarachchi, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer Verlag Vol 4492/2007 , pp 1221-1230, June 2007
- Splice Site Detection Using a Combination of Markov Model and Neural Network, A.K.M.A. Baten, S.K. Halgamuge, N. Wickramarachchi, and J.C. Rajapakse, BIOINFO2005, Busan, Korea, 2005.
- Fuzzy logic based reinforcement learning of admittance control for automated robotic manufacturing, W. de Silva and N. Wickramarachchi., Knowledge-Based Intelligent Electronic Systems, 1997. KES apos;97. Proceedings., 1997 First International Conference on Volume 2, Issue , 27-23 May 1997 Page(s):i - ix
- An intelligent supervisory control system for a fish processing workcell de Silva, C.W.; Wickramarachchi, N., Knowledge-Based Intelligent Electronic Systems, 1997. KES '97. Proceedings., 1997 First International Conference on ,Volume: 2 Date: 27-23 May 1997, Page(s): 470-477 vol.2, Digital Object Identifier 10.1109/KES.1997.619425