Office: Department of Architecture, University of Moratuwa,
Residence: No 18, Model Town Road, Rathmalana
Module AD 1030 - ‘Colour’ for Level One - Honors degree of Bachelor of Architecture
Module BLA 1060 -‘Colour’ for Level One - Honors degree of Bachelor of Landscape Architecture
Level Coordinator - Level Five - Honors degree of Bachelor of Architecture
Dissertation Supervision - Bachelor of Architecture Level 5 - 2017
1. A study on visual aspects of colour in learning environments of autistic children.
Co-investigator – Ms. Rashmi Ayodya
2. An assessment of Indoor environment quality of secondary school classrooms at Wellawaya, Sri Lanka
Co-investigator- Ms. Himani.W.G.T
3. Architecture of hearing impaired: study on conducive learning environments for deaf children with special reference to Yashodara deaf and blind school at Balangoda.
Co-investigator- Ms. Gunawardana.K.M.C.C
4. Psychological comforts of elderly in Architectural spaces; a study on elder’s homes with reference to Colombo
Co-investigator - Ms. R.N.J.K.Arachchi
5. The usage of colour as a tool in imageability in urban street scapes: a study on Wellawaththa street scape.
Co-investigator - Ms. K.K.R W. Porogama
6. Impact of architectural volumes on child behavior: a study on preschool children.
Co-investigator- Ms. Madanasinghe. B.N
7. Daylight as a modifier of visual experience of surfaces; a study on architectural expression with special reference to white colored buildings.
Co-investigator- Mr. G.R.N.G.B. Godagama
- Perception of home in orphan children: a study on SOS children’s’ village, Piliyandala.
Co-investigator- Ms. D.P.P.D.Kulathunge
9. The influence of culture on colour application in interiors and exteriors of residential buildings; a case study implemented in Katharagama.
Co-investigator- Ms. J.L.N. Devinda
Dissertation Supervision - Bachelor of Landscape Architecture Level 5 - 2017
1. Impact of elements of rock and water combination on landscape perception; A study on Kaludiya Pokuna
- Co-investigator- Dissanayake. C
2. Study on the impact of lines, forms and textures of hard landscape materials in
Providing sense of direction in Streetscapes
- Co-investigator – Ms. Irangika. H.R.N
3. Knowledge transferring landscape: study of nature responding quality in vernacular landscape architecture with spatial reference to Ritigala.
- Co-investigator – Mr.Gunathilake.T.M.N
4. Impact of Learning Landscape on development of cognitive skills of preschool children: a study implemented in Kandy
- Co-investigator – Mr. Herath. C
5. The impact of colour on imageability in urban street scapes: a study in Nugegoda
Co-investigator – Mr.Chathuranga.K.T.K
Hettiarachchi.A.A and Nayanathara.S.A, Impact of class room colour on primary education; A study implemented in a boys’ primary school, Colombo, Proceedings of the 10th International Conference of Faculty of Architecture Research Unit (FARU), University of Moratuwa, held at Waskaduwa, Sri Lanka, on 9th December 2017 pp. 123-134,Volume 1, ISBN: 978-955- 9027- 66-9.
Hettiarachchi, A. A. and Emmanuel, R, Colour as a psychological agent to manipulate perceived indoor thermal environment for low energy design; cases implemented in Sri Lanka, published in the proceedings of Passive Low Energy Architecture (PLEA) Conference -2017: Design to Thrive, Volume 01, pp. 1116 – 1123. ISBN (978-0-9928957-5-4)
Fernendo.N & Hettiarachchi.A.A, Blind sense of place; A sensory ethnographic study on parameters of optimal design’, Proceedings of the 9th International Conference of Faculty of Architecture Research Unit (FARU), University of Moratuwa, held at Mount Lavinia Hotel, Colombo, Sri Lanka, 10th September 2016 pp. 97-110, ISBN: 978-955- 9027- 56-0.
Koggala. W.R & Hettiarachchi.A.A, Impact of room colour on patient’s recovery; a study implements with post cardiac surgery patients in Lanka Hospitals, Colombo. Proceedings of 7th International Conference on, Sustainable Built Environment, University of Peradeniya, held at Earl’s Regency Hotel, Kandy, Sri Lanka on 16th -18th December 2016.pp.71-80, ISBN: 978-955- 589- 192-9.
Hettiarachchi.A.A. & Senevirathne. R.M.T.K, The factors contributing to dropouts and incomplete academic standing; A study on Architecture Undergraduates of University of Moratuwa.”Proceedings of the 9th International Conference of Faculty of Architecture Research Unit (FARU), University of Moratuwa, held at Mount Lavinia Hotel,Colombo,Sri Lanka, 10th September 2016, pp.44-56, ISBN: 978-955- 9027- 56-0.
J.W.N.S Jayawardhana, A.A.Hettiarachchi & D.Amarasekara, , ‘Designing for Sri Lankan elderly: a study on conducive colours for elders homes ’, Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on 'Cities, People and Places'- ICCPP-2016, Sri Lanka Foundation Institute, Colombo, Sri Lanka, 30-31st October 2016, pp. 93 -107, ISSN 2345-9530.
De Silva,S & Hettiarachchi.A.A, ‘ Factors Influencing the effectiveness of Human behavior in designed landscapes: a study on Diyatha Uyana, Baththramulla and Urban Wetland Park, Nugegoda’, Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on 'Cities, People and Places'- ICCPP-2016, Sri Lanka Foundation Institute, Colombo, Sri Lanka, 31st October 2016, pp. 164-180 ,ISSN 2345-9530.
Hettiarachchi, A.A and De Silva,T.K.N.P, “Colour Associated Thermal Perception, Manifestation and contributing factors with reference to red and blue”, pp 41-53, FARU Proceedings -2015, 8th FARU International Conference, 11th & 12th December, ISBN: 978-955-9027-53-9.
Wijeratne.W.H.P & Hettiarachchi, A.A, ‘Thermal Impact of Colour as an Energy Saving Strategy: A Field Experiment Implemented in Sri Lanka’, 3rd International Conference on cities, People and Places, ICCPP-2015on “Towards New Urbanity –Places for Urban Coherence, Colombo, Sri Lanka, 27th October 2015, Conference Proceedings: pp. 66-79, ISSN 2345-9530.
Welitharage, M. & Hettiarachchi, A.A, Colour as a tool to manipulate indoor thermal perception in tropical upland climates, A field experiment implemented in Sri Lanka, FARU Journal Vol.06,2014. PP. 122-144, ISSN 2012 6301.
Welitharage, M. & Hettiarachchi, A.A , Colour as a tool to manipulate indoor thermal perception in cold climatic regions, Proceedings of the National Energy Symposium – 2014 conducted by Sri Lanka Sustainable Energy Authority of Environment & Renewable Energy, 21st November, BMICH, Colombo 7, Conference proceedings: pp. 227-242, ISSN-2420-7462.
Hettiarachchi, A.A and De Silva, N, Colour associated thermal perception (CTP): Evidence from an experimental research design implemented in Sri Lanka, FARU Journal Vol.05 Issue 5, 2013. PP. 191-214, ISSN 2012 6301.
Dilshan, U.K.D.C & Hettiarachchi, A.A, Land slide mitigation: a novel architectural and engineering intervention, NBRO 4th Annual symposium on sustainable disaster resilient technologies jointly organized by National Building Research Organization and Ministry of Disaster Management, 13th December 2012, Colombo, Sri Lanka pp. 64-67.
Hettiarachchi, A.A and De Silva, N, The correlation between colour associated thermal perception and preferred human activity, FARU Journal Vol.04 , pp. 23-47. ISSN: 2012 6301
Hettiarachchi, A.A, ‘Improving quality of group work: Reflections on Module – Colour (AD 1030/DD1030)’ FARU Journal Vol.03, pp. 5-13. ISSN: 2012 6301.