The Staff Development Centre has been set up under the Senate of the University of Moratuwa. Its objectives are to facilitate the continuing development of knowledge, skills and attitudes required for the efficient and effective functioning of the staff of the university.
The functions of the SDC are set out as follows
- To identify the needs for staff development
- To organize in-house programs for widely required training
- To make staff aware of external training programs and to receive applications for funding participation at such programs
- To source funding for these programs.
- To award certificates of participation and completion for in-house training programs
Prof. SAS Kulathilaka
Director, SDC & Professor of Civil Engineering Department,
University of Moratuwa