The MSc programme gives individuals an opportunity to develop their expertise in water resources engineering and management. The programme is conducted part-time, helping the working professionals to gain further knowledge and qualifications. Teaching is carried out by our well-experienced staff together with academics from other universities and institutions. Visiting lecturers from the industry are sometimes invited .
All lectures, practical sessions, presentations, industrial visits and examinations will be conducted on Fridays and Saturdays. This programmeconsists of a combination of compulsory core modules, elective modules and a research project. The project is only available for studies towards MSc. Its main objective is to provide training in techniques that are essential for research and problem solving in the industry.
Intended Course Modules:
• Integrated Water Resources Management
• Concepts of Irrigation and Irrigation Water Management
• Remote Sensing and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) for Planning and Management
• River and Estuary Hydraulics
• Water Resources Project Planning and Management
• Research Methods for Water Resources Engineering and Management
• Water Quality Management
• Climate Change Impacts and Adaptation Options for Water Resource Management
• Disaster Risk Assessment, Reduction and Mitigation
• Advanced GIS for Water Resources Management
• Coastal Engineering and Management
• Water Pollution Control
• Computer Applications in Irrigation and Drainage
• Groundwater Engineering and Management
The Degree of Bachelor of Science in Engineering of the University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka in a relevant field with a minimum of one year relevant experience
The Degree of Bachelor of Applied Science of the University of Sri Lanka, University of Moratuwa in a relevant field with a minimum of one year of relevant experience
Any other engineering degree in a relevant field as accepted by the Faculty, and equivalent to (a) above with a minimum of one year of relevant experience.
At least the associate membership of a recognised professional engineering institute in a relevant field with a minimum of two years of appropriate experience
If English is not the medium of instruction in the first degree of the candidate, TOEFL (a minimum of 500 points in paperbased, 173 in computer-based, or 61 in internet based test) or IELTS (a minimum of 5.0 in academic version) scores or equivalent is required.
Note: Qualifi cations as determined by the Faculty and approved by the Senate, and valid experience to be after obtaining relevant qualifications.
MEng: Twelve months
MEng: Twenty one months
PG Dip: Twelve months
Dr RLH Lalith Rajapakse
Tel : +94112650567
Fax : +94112651216
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org