|Senior Lecturer Grade II|
|Tel:+94-711509320, +94-112650301 Ext: 3216|
|BSc Eng (Moratuwa), MPhil (Moratuwa), PhD (Manitoba)|
Dr. W.D. Prasad received his BSc degree and MPhil degree from University of Moratuwa in 2005 and 2007 respectively. He joined the Department of Electrical Engineering, University of Moratuwa as a lecturer (probationary) in January 2009. Before that he worked in the same capacity at the Department of Electrical and Information Engineering of University of Ruhuna. Dr. Prasad received a research assistantship in September 2010 to undertake PhD studies at University of Manitoba, Canada. He completed PhD in November 2015. His research interests include power system stability analysis, power system security assessment, PMU applications in power systems, etc.
- Power systems stability and control
- Power system security assessment
- PMU applications in power systems
- D.P. Wadduwage, U. D. Annakkage, K. Narendra: ‘Identification of dominant low- frequency modes in ringdown oscillations using multiple order Prony models’, IET Transactions on Generation, Transmission and Distribution, Vol. 9, no. 15, pp. 2206-2214, Nov. 2015
- D.P. Wadduwage, U.D. Annakkage: ‘A hybrid algorithm for rotor angle security assessment in power systems’, IET Journal of Engineering, June 2015
- D.P. Wadduwage, Christine Wu, U.D. Annakkage: ‘Power system transient stability analysis via the concept of Lyapunov Exponents’, Electric Power Systems Research Journal, Vol. 104, pp. 183-192, Nov. 2013
- P.D.C. Wijayatunga, D. Prasad: ‘Clean Energy Technology & Regulatory Interventions for Greenhouse Gas Emission Mitigation: Sri Lankan Power Sector’, Energy Conversion and Management Journal, Vol 50, no. 6, pp 1595 – 1603, June 2009
- W.D. Prasad, P.D.C. Wijayatunga: ‘Optimum Electricity Generation Expansion to Achieve Nonconventional Renewable Energy Targets’, Annual Transactions of IESL, Vol. 40, no. 4, pp. 160-166, 2007
- D. P. Wadduwage, U. D. Annakkage; ‘Improving Matrix Pencil and Hankel Total Least Squares Algorithms for Identifying Dominant Oscillations in Power Systems’, in IEEE International Conference on Industrial and Information Systems (ICIIS), December 2015
- D. P. Wadduwage, U. D. Annakkage, K. Narendra: ‘An Oscillation Monitoring Algorithm to Monitor Power System Oscillations using Synchronized Phasor Measurements’, in Cigre Lund Symposium, May 2015
- D. P. Wadduwage, J. Geeganage, U.D. Annakkage, C. Wu: ‘Investigation of the applicability of Lyapunov Exponents for transient stability assessment’, in IEEE Electric Power and Energy Conference (EPEC), pp. 1-6, Aug. 2013
- EE1953 – Engineering Design (Partially)
- EE4063 – Power Electronics and Applications II (Partially)
- Best Paper Award (first place) for the paper “Improving Matrix pencil and Hankel Total Least Squares algorithms for identifying dominant oscillations in power systems” presented at IEEE International Conference on Industrial and Information Systems (ICIIS) 2015.
- Outstanding Achievement Recognition Award for the excellent in research, innovative thought, and in the clear communication of scientific thoughts at GradCon 2014, University of Manitoba, Canada.
- Outstanding Achievement Recognition Award for the excellent in research, innovative thought, and in the clear communication of scientific thoughts at GradCon 2013, University of Manitoba, Canada.
- IEEE Electric Power and Energy Conference (EPEC) 2013 Paper Award for the paper “Investigation of the Applicability of Lyapunov Exponents for Transient Stability Assessment”.
- University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowship (UMGF) for the period 2012-2014.