The Cisco CCNA® Cybersecurity Operations (CyberOps) course is designed for Cisco Networking Academy® students seeking career-oriented, entry-level security analyst skills. Target students include individuals enrolled in technology degree programs at institutions of higher education and IT professionals who wants to pursue a career in the Security Operation Centre (SOC).
The CCNA Cybersecurity Operations curriculum provides an introduction to the knowledge and skills needed for a Security Analyst working with a Security Operations Center team. It teaches core security skills needed for monitoring, detecting, investigating, analyzing and responding to security events, thus protecting systems and organizations from cybersecurity risks, threats and vulnerabilities.
University of Moratuwa-Cisco Networking Center has designed a unique course structure to meet all the objectives through 2 different tracks.
Fast Track - Cybersecurity Essentials + CCNA CyberOps
Regular Track - CCENT (Introduction to Networks + Routing & Switching Essentials) + Cybersecurity Essentials + CCNA CyberOps
Cybersecurity Essentials covers foundation knowledge and essentials skills in all security domains in the cyber world - information security, systems security, network security, mobile security, physical security, ethics and laws, related technologies, defense and mitigation techniques use in protecting businesses.
CCNA Cybersecurity Operations 1.0 covers knowledge and skills needed to successfully handle the tasks, duties, and responsibilities of an associate-level Security Analyst working in a Security Operations Center (SOC). Upon completion of the CCNA Cybersecurity Operations 1.0 course, students will be able to perform the following tasks:
- Explain the role of the Cybersecurity Operations Analyst in the enterprise.
- Install virtual machines to create a safe environment for implementing and analyzing cybersecurity threat events.
- Explain the Windows Operating System features and characteristics needed to support cybersecurity analyses.
- Explain the features and characteristics of the Linux Operating System.
- Analyze the operation of network protocols and services.
- Explain the operation of the network infrastructure.
- Classify the various types of network attacks.
- Use network monitoring tools to identify attacks against network protocols and services.
- Use various methods to prevent malicious access to computer networks, hosts, and data.
- Explain the impacts of cryptography on network security monitoring.
- Explain how to investigate endpoint vulnerabilities and attacks.
- Evaluate network security alerts.
- Analyze network intrusion data to identify compromised hosts and vulnerabilities.
- Apply incident response models to manage network security incidents.
With all four curriculum, students get the knowledge about core security skills needed for monitoring, detecting, investigating, analyzing and responding to security events, thus protecting systems and organizations from cybersecurity risks, threats and vulnerabilities.
CCNA Cybersecurity Operations is a hands-on, career-oriented course with an emphasis on practical experience to help students develop specialized skills to sucessfully handle the tasks, duties, and responsibilities of an associate-level Security Analyst working in a Security Operations Center (SOC).
Fast Track - 100 hrs
Regular Track - 240 hrs
- Weekend Batch - (Saturday 1.30 pm - 5.00 pm)**
** Practical sessions and individual lab activities will be scheduled in a separate time slot.
Next Intake : January 2019 (Apply Now)
- Fast Track - Rs 45,000/=
- Regular Track - Rs.90,000/= ( Can be paid in two installments = Rs.60,000 + Rs.30,000)
*** UoM Students will get a Discount Rate****
*** Cisco Networking Academy Students who completed CCENT/CCNA R&S in Sri lanka will get 10% Discount from each course fee****
60% Discount will be offered to complete the CCNA CyberOps career certificate (210-250 & 210-255) for all the students who are performing well in all modules