University of Moratuwa
- Undergraduates: Natural Language Processing (CM4340), Fuzzy Logic (CM4350), Robotics (CM4360)
- MSc. in Artificial Intelligence: Natural Language Processing (IT5409), Embedded Robotics (IT5502), Programming Essentials for Artificial Intelligence (IT5107)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Data Analysis and Pattern Recognition: Natural Language Processing (CM5902), Machine Translation (CM5903)
- Sumathipala, S., Yamada, K., Unehara, M. and Suzuki, I., 2015. Protein Named Entity Identification Based on Probabilistic Features Derived from GENIA Corpus and Medical Text on the Web. International Journal of Fuzzy Logic and Intelligent Systems, 15(2), pp.111-120. http://dx.doi.org/10.5391/IJFIS2015.15.2.111
- Sumathipala, S., Yamada, K., Unehara, M. and Suzuki, I., 2015. Protein Entity Name Recognition Using Orthographic, Morphological and Proteinhood Features. JACIII, 19(6), pp.843-851.
Conference & Workshop Proceedings
Sagara Sumathipala, BH Sudantha, KMHK W arnakulasooriya, CS Elvitigala, Y P Jayasuriya, 2017, Adaptive Navigation and Motion Planning for a Mobile Track Robot, IFSA-SCIS 2017 Joint 17th World Congress of International Fuzzy Systems Association and 9th International Conference on Soft Computing and Intelligent Systems, Otsu, Japan (accepted)
Samadara Dhanapala, Thilini Bakmeedeniya, Senaka Amarakeerthi and Sagara Sumathipala, 2017, A Brain Signal-Based Credibility Assessment Approach, IFSA-SCIS 2017 Joint 17th World Congress of International Fuzzy Systems Association and 9th International Conference on Soft Computing and Intelligent Systems, Otsu, Japan (accepted)
- Sumathipala, S., Yamada, K. and Unehara, M., 2014, December. Protein named entity classification with probabilistic features derived from GENIA corpus and MEDLINE. In Soft Computing and Intelligent Systems (SCIS), 2014 Joint 7th International Conference on and Advanced Intelligent Systems (ISIS), 15th International Symposium on (pp. 1257-1261). IEEE.
- Sumathipala, S., Yamada, K. and Unehara, M., Protein Name Classification Using Probabilistic Information of Orthographic and Morphological Features, 22nd Symposium of SOFT Hokushin’etsu Chapter, Nagaoka, Japan, 2013
- Sumathipala, S. and Yamada, K., Identifying Hyponyms from Statistical Measurements in Text Data, SCIS-ISIS 2012, pp. 2229-2232, Kobe, Japan, 2012
- Sumathipala, S. and Yamada, K., Identification of Hyponyms from Text Using Rough Set, Congress of Shin-Etsu The Chapter of the Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers, Japan, 2011