University of Moratuwa
Dept. of Electronic & Telecommunication Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, University of Moratuwa, Moratuwa, Sri Lanka.
Faculty of Engineering
COMPLETED POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH SUPERVISED (upto 2014)
- Broadband Business Models for Rural communities of Sri Lanka
- Impact of CDMA networks in rural areas of Sri Lanka
- The impact of mobile communication on employee performance
- A policy framework for attracting investments for software development industry in Sri Lanka
- A Policy Framework for Mobile Telecommunication Infrastructure
- Factors affecting the demand and implementation of e-learning in Sri Lankan tertiary educationsystem
- A Study on maturity of Bsiness Continuity Mnagement and ICT reliance in Sri Lanka
- An Assessment of customer satisfaction of accounting software in private sector organizations of Sri Lanka
- Assessment of expectations in using credit cards from different categories of Sri Lankan mangers using lifestyle based approach
- An analysis of the factors affecting the development of e-banking facilities in Sri Lanka
- Ethical e-marketing for competitive advantage
- An Assessment of the perceived quality gap in corporate telecommunications services in Sri Lanka
- ICT development in rural areas of Sri Lanka
- Barriers and Capabilities of Pay Television Industry in Sri Lanka
- Convergence of Fixed and Mobile Networks as a Market Leveraging Tool for Sri Lanka Telecom
- The Development of Television Broadcasting Technology and its Implications for Developing Countries
- Investigation of the Factors that are Embedded in e-commerce Sites Affecting Adoption and Usage of Internet Banking Services by the Customers: An Empirical Investigation in Sri Lankan Context
- Analysis of Sri Lankan Mobile Customer Perspective on Voice Quality
- Managing the Transition from 2G to 3G
- Customer Behavior of Prepaid Call Card Market
- Internet Service through Broadband Power Line Communication
- International Technology Transfer in Telecommunication Sector for Corporate Solution in Sri Lankan Context
- A Study of Sustainability of the e-Village Project in Sri Lanka : The Case of Mahavilachchiya.
- Seasonality Effect of Emerging Stock Markets: Evidence from Sri Lanka.
- Lefestyle based Aproach for Assessing Expectations of Credit Cards of Sri Lankan Managers.
- Technology and Poverty in Sri Lankan Fisheries Sector; The Case of Fishing Villeges in Tangalle
- Revenue Leakage in Sri Lanka Telecom Operators
- Propagation path profiling of IEEE 802.16d standard channel in Sri Lankan Context.
- Aircraft Locating System
- Effective Project Management for Successful IT Off-shoring Projects in Sri Lanka
- Mobile Broadband Penetration and Competition in Sri Lanka
- Opportunities for Mobile Advertising in Sri Lanka
- Macroeconomic Impact on the Stock Market Performance : Evidence from Colombo Stock Exchange
- Critical Success Factors for the Growth of CDMA Market in Sri Lankan Small Industries : Case Study in Colombo District
- Viewer Perception and Factors Affecting the Adoption of Satellite Television in Sri Lanka
- Effectiveness of School ICT Education in Sri Lanka
- Impact of Training on Employee Satisfaction in Sri Lankan IT Companies
- Key Success Factors and Portfolio Management of 3G Services
- An Analysis of critical success factors for wi-Fi hotspot development in travel & tourism sector, sri lanka.
- A policy to attract more software development investments to Sri Lanka.
- The impact of mobile communication on employee performance.
- Study on maturity of business continuity management and ICT reliance in Sri Lanka.
- An Analysis of the barriers for innovations in Sri Lankan IT/Software organizations
- Quality factor based critical assessment of the Scrum software development methodology
- Assessment of users’ perceived service quality and brand equity in telecommunication services in Sri Lanka; Evidence from corporate/Large and medium bussiness subscriber groups
- Study of the effectiveness of technology based value added services; A case study of the Nations Trust Bank
- Effect of Dividend Announcements on Stock Price Fluctuations for MPI Listed companies on Colombo Stock Exchange
- Suitability of Telecom Managed Service Model in Sri Lankan Context.
- Analysis of Critical Factors Contributing to Job Satisfaction of Engineers in Sri Lankan Telecommunication Industry.
- Study on Mobile Number Portability Implementation in Sri Lanka
- Socio Technical Analysis and Business Model for IPTV Deployment in Sri Lanka
- Entrepreneurship for Engineers in Sri Lanka
- Readiness of SL Industry to Use Public Data Centers for IT Infrastructure Outsourcing
- Feasibility of Implementing SAAS based Enterprise Software Systems in the Government Departments of Sri Lanka.
- Application of Green Concepts to Sri Lankan Telecommunication Industry
- Feasibility of Implementing Active Network Sharing in Sri Lankan Telecommunication Industry
- Co-authored "Modern Component Families and Circuit Block Design", with the main author Mr. Nihal Kularatne. Published by Newnes, USA in year 2000 (ISBN 0-7506-9992-2) (Preview of this book available in the internet)
- Impact of technology transfer on corporate telecommunication solutions, J. Rathnasabapathy, A.T.L.K Samarasinghe., Annual Conference of the IET, Sri Lanka Chapter, 2007 October, Colombo.
- Impact of IT Infrastructure on business performance in services enterprises in Colombo District, U.Gamage, A.T.L.K. Samarasinghe, Proceeding of Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology ,Volume 01, December 2007
- Use of Information Technology in bringing competitive advantage to the Sri Lankan Banking Sector, Sunari Silva, A.T.L.K. Samarasinghe., Proceeding of Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology. Volume 01, December 2007.
- Acceptable Use Policy Guidelines for Employees–Case of Sri Lankan Software Development Organizations, Thrindu Liyanagunawardana, A.T.L.K. Samarasinghe,SLIIT Research Symposium, November 2007.
- Business Model Innovation for Future Wireless Services, C.H.M.K.P.Chandrasekara , A.T.L.K.Samarasinghe; Transactions of the IEE Sri Lanka, September 2008. IET SRI LANKA NETWORK FIFTEENTH ANNUAL CONFERENCE, 11th OCTOBER 2008
- Rfid Based Passenger and Cargo Identification System for Airports, A.T.L.K. Samarasinghe, E.M.A.E. Edirisuriya, C.D. Makavita, D.M.M.J. Senarathna , R.W.R. Wimalagunarathna, University Of Moratuw, Sri Lanka
- Interaction of Electromagnetic Radiation with Inhomogeneous Human Tissues, Eng. Kithsiri Samarasinghe, RM Indika Nalin Bandara, Dept. of Electronic & Telecommunication Eng., University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka.
- Centralized Traffic Controlling System for Sri Lanka Railways, ALATD Ambegoda, WTS De Silva, KT Hemachandra, TN Samarasinghe, ATLK Samarasinghe, (#1569141745), IEEE International Conference on Information and Automation for Sustainability (ICIAfS’08), December 11-14, 2008)
- Design and Implementation of Bluetooth Based General Purpose Controlling Module, SP Wijetunge, US Wijetunge, GRV Pieris,, CS Aluthgedara, ATLK Samarasinghe (#1569144609), IEEE International Conference on Information and Automation for Sustainability (ICIAfS’08), December 11-14, 2008).
- Zigbee Wireless Vehicular Identification and Authentication System, SD Dissanayake, PPCR Karunasekara, DD Lakmanaarachchi, AJD Rathnayaka, ATLK Samarasinghe (#1569160505), IEEE International Conference on Information and Automation for Sustainability (ICIAfS’08), December 11-14, 2008).
- Software and Test Tool for Fixed WiMAX, Amarasinghe K.C., Peiris K.G.A.B., Thelisinghe L.A.D.M.D., Warnakulasuriya, G.M.& Samarasinghe A.T.L.K., University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka, IET SRI LANKA NETWORK SIXTEENTH ANNUAL CONFERENCE, SATURDAY 24th OCTOBER 2009, GALADARI HOTEL, COLOMBO
- Power Line Intercom - Narrowband Voice Communication over Power Line, Mahendra Samarawickrama, Kasun Pathirage, Harshaka Samarasekara, Asanka Wickramasinghe, Kithsiri Samarasinghe., IEEE, Fourth International Conference on Industrial and Information Systems, Sri Lanka, Dec 2009.
- Ethernet Frame Tunneling over GPRS/EDGE for Universal Network, T.N.C. Fernando, A.T.L.K Samarasinghe., IEEE, Fourth International Conference on Industrial and Information Systems, Sri Lanka, Dec 2009. ieeexplore.ieee.org/iel5/5426317/5429790/05429892.pdf
- Comparison of Propagation Models for Fixed WiMAX System based on IEEE 802.16-2004, Amarasinghe K.C.,Peiris K.G.A.B, Thelisinghe, L.A.D.M.D. , Warnakulasuriya G.M., Samarasinghe A.T.L.K., IEEE, Fourth International Conference on Industrial and Information Systems, Sri Lanka, Dec 2009. ieeexplore.ieee.org/iel5/5426317/5429790/05429880.pdf
- Critical Analysis of Impact of Information Security Policies on Employees' Job Stress in Sri Lankann Telecom Sector. Sankha Fernando, A.T.L.K. Samarasinghe, International Conference on Operations and Management Sciences 2010 (ICOMS2010), Nagpur, India, February 2010.Conference Proceedings : ISBN: 978-93-80043-79-1, Excel India Publishers, New Delhi, Pg. 234-240.
- Macroeconomic impact on the performance of Colombo Stock Exchange: 1985-2009 – N.Dinusha Hettiarachchi, A.T.L.K. Samarasinghe and S.W.S.B. Dassanayaka, 12th International Conference on Sri Lanka Studies, Mar 2010, Colombo
- Time series prediction of short term scintillations of Ku band satellite links in Sri Lanka. Premarathne, U. Samarasinghe, K., Seventh International Conference On Wireless And Optical Communications Networks (WOCN), 6-8 Sept. 2010, Colombo, Pg 1-5 , ISBN: 978-1-4244-7203-1