A prospective student should follow the following list of preliminaries before commencing the research:
- Check whether the candidate satisfies the eligibility requirements for the selected programme
- Go through the research interests of respective departments and select a department where student wishes to register.
- Contact the HOD or the RC of the department and express his research interest in which case the department could direct the student to contact a potential supervisor.
- Alternatively, student can directly contact a prospective supervisor.
- If the student is not certain which department or supervisor to contact, could contact the Director/ PGS for advice.
- Develop a research proposal and the full application (form is available at PGS division or downloadable from website) with the support of the agreed supervisor.
- Submit the completed application and submit to the supervisor who will forward the form through the proper channels.
- When the application form is received by the HOD, an interview will be arranged in coordination with the PGS division to evaluate the application.
- The department will verify the acceptability of student’s application at the interview and recommend to the FHDC through Director/PGS.
- Director/PGS will forward the application to the FHDC for approval and recommend to the Faculty Board.
- The Faculty Board will approve and forward the form for Senate approval through Senate Higher degrees committee.
- When the process is complete, the student will be informed to formally register for the programme.